Sunburned & Stressed Out: Common Reasons to Use Telehealth This Summer
Whether it’s a backyard barbecue, beach day or simply mowing the lawn, there’s always something to do in the summer. But all those activities tend to bring on more urgent care possibilities. Fortunately, we’ve partnered with Teladoc® to offer telehealth services that make it easy to get the help you need no matter where you are. Below are some common scenarios for summer injuries, illnesses and stress that can be treated by a virtual doctor visit.
- Sunburn and heatstroke from too much time at the beach, pool, or on the water
- Food poisoning from food left outside too long
- Allergic reactions from food or bug bites
- Reactions to poison oak/ivy
- Cuts and scrapes from sharp shells and rocks
- Ankle sprains from hiking, sports, or just playing in the backyard
- Depression from seasonal changes (also known as seasonal affective disorder)
- Stress from disrupted schedules, including changes in sleep habits, school vacations, etc.
- Body image issues from unrealistic “summer bod” expectations
- Financial stress from expenses like summer camp and vacations
Don’t forget—the median wait time for telehealth services is just 10 minutes, and costs less than a traditional office visit. Learn more about telehealth services and download the app here.