What’s New for 2023
Take a look at some of the changes and updates to the Service Benefit Plan in 2023.
Changes to all of our plans
- We will make updates to your preventive care benefits throughout the year. See a list of covered preventive care services.
- We increased the number of free mental health visits for members who are pregnant or recently gave birth to eight visits.
- Pregnant members can receive a blood pressure monitor at no cost to them. You will be able to order the monitor via your MyBlue account, by calling the National Information Center or by mailing a Pregnancy Blood Pressure Monitor Request Form to the address listed on the form.
- We will cover egg or sperm storage for members facing infertility due to a medical procedure or treatment. You can use this benefit once per lifetime.
- We removed the limit on covered non-sibling donors for transplant services.
- We lowered the age we will begin covering weight-loss (bariatric) surgery for members to age 16.
- We will cover approved weight-loss drugs through the Pharmacy Program to support members who are obese. You must receive prior approval for this benefit.
Sign up for MyBlue®
You can learn more about your coverage with MyBlue, our member-only portal. Get 24/7 access to tools like the Blue Health Assessment and Online Health Coach plus resources that help you keep your health care spending in check, like the Financial Dashboard and FEP Healthcare Cost Advisor tool. When you’re on the go, access your benefits with fepblue, our free mobile app.Get Started on MyBlue