Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan is dedicated to fair and ethical practices.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. This Plan does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Civil Rights Coordinator of your local Blue Cross and Blue Shield company by calling the customer service number on the back of your member ID card.
If you believe that this Plan has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with the Civil Rights Coordinator of your local BCBS company. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, your local BCBS company’s Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.