Winter Workouts the Whole Family Will Love
No matter the season, you and your family can enjoy a fun, active lifestyle. And winter is no exception. The key is finding activities that you can do inside and outside, no matter the weather.
Don’t let the cold months of winter interfere with your exercise routine. You can still burn calories indoors:
- Take a walk through your local mall
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs whenever possible
- During your lunch break, take a walk around your office’s hallways
- Watch your favorite exercise DVD instead of a movie
In addition, the cold weather doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying outdoor activities. There are plenty of ways for adults and kids to have fun and burn calories during the winter:
- Have a family-friendly snowball fight
- Go ice skating
- Make snow angels
- Go sledding
Don’t let the hustle and bustle of the holiday season get in your way either. Make time for physical activity. Adults should aim for 30 minutes of activity each day and at least 60 minutes for children.