8 Tips for an Easier Tax Season
Tax season is upon us. Even though the deadline is typically April 15th, you can make an effort to get everything done early this year to get it off your mind.
Here’s how you can make sure everything goes smoothly:
- Pick a work area. Make sure you have a lot of space.
- Sort everything into stacks. Group everything into categories and deal with one at a time.
- Consider getting help from an expert. Specialists or online services can make it easier, especially if you have a complex financial situation.
- Don’t freak out. You can file for an extension if need be, but you’ll be relieved to get it done on time (or early).
- Reward yourself. Have a healthy, crunchy snack like carrots, whole-grain pretzels or grapes.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps you stay energized and focused.
- Don’t forget to eat. Aim to eat at least once every 5 hours—if your blood sugar gets too low, concentrating may become difficult.
- Exercise. Whether it’s a walk around the block or a quick yoga session, getting your blood circulating will improve motivation and reduce stress.
If you’re looking for other ways to reduce your stress this tax season, the Online Health Coach can help. A combination of guidance, support and resources, it can encourage you to reduce your stress levels and accomplish other health goals. Eligible Standard and Basic Option members can even receive $40 for each eligible goal completed, up to three, for $120 total.