Fuel Up with These 10 Protein-Packed Foods
Need some inspiration for healthy foods for your post-workout snack? These foods are packed with essential amino acids and can help stave off the muscle loss that can accompany aging. As a bonus, they can also help you recover from hard workouts faster.
- Whole eggs—Eat the whites and the yolks for more complete protein.
- Wild salmon—This nutritional powerhouse is also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cottage cheese—In addition to eating it plain, try adding cottage cheese to smoothies or dropping a dollop in oatmeal or pancake batter.
- Beef—Stick with leaner cuts like sirloin tips, eye of round or flank steaks.
- Plain Greek yogurt—With double the protein and half the sugar of regular yogurt, it’s a versatile base for a snack.
- Sardines—These little guys are high in omega-3s and vitamin D—and low in the contaminants found in many types of seafood today.
- Whey protein—High in branched chain amino acids, whey protein can help speed muscle repair after a workout.
- Poultry—If you’re short on time, try picking up a rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store.
- Nuts—Possibly the ultimate portable snack, stash bags of almonds, walnuts and cashews in your gym bag and desk drawer.
- Quinoa—This plant-based protein is a “complete protein,” which means it contains all the essential amino acids.
Article source link has expired.